Saturday, 27 March 2010
passion - cooking
i wanted to cook chicken muglai for a long time, but was afraid that i may not be able to make it perfectly...
but yesterday i decided that if i dont try i wont know...
so....i made it and it was awesome.....for a first time...
the recipe i followed....
1 whole chicken (about 1 kg)
1/4 cup oil
2 onions, sliced
1 tbsp chopped ginger
2 tbsp chopped garlic
6-8 dry red chillies
1 tsp tumeric powder
1 1/4 cups curd, whisked
4 black cardamoms
2 inch stick cinnamon
3 bay leaves
1/2 cup cashew nuts, ground to a paste
1 lime (juice)
1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste
1. Wash and clean the chicken and cut into 8 pieces.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and lightly brown the onions.
3. Drain onions, remove from pan and grind along with the ginger, garlic, red chillies and turmeric.
4. Mix half the ground spices with the curd and rub into the chicken.
5. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add the whole spices and bay leaves. Fry for a minute and pour this over the chicken.
6. Heat the remaining oil and add the remaining ground spices. Fry until the oil floats on top.
7. Add the chicken and fry for 5-7 minutes until dry.
8. Pour in 1 cup water and cook until the chicken is tender.
9. Mix in cashew nut paste, stir once and remove from the heat.
10. Add lime juice and beaten egg and stir well until the egg coagulates and disperses in the gravy.
11. Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve hot with tandoori rotis.