Monday 5 October 2009

0ctober 5th

This day is a very sad day for me...whenever the month October comes ..it is a remembrance of a life I had as a child.
We were a beautiful family of four. Mum, Dad, Brother and Me.
My father is a painter. He is also great calligrapher.
My mother was a teacher . She was the first woman in her small village to be a graduate and proceed to become a teacher.
She was a great singer and writer.
She taught in an orphanage.
As a matter of fact, before she married my father she lived in the orphanage with the kids.
My mother was extremely religious.So is my father.
That was the reason I was in a convent school for my school days.
Actually I was encouraged to become a nun, or a nurse, or a teacher or choose a career to be of some service to people.
But everything changed when my mother was diagnosed with cancer. Her death is something that changed my life forever. The worst thing was that my freedom was gone. I was a motherless girl, And to be a girl and motherless is a curse in India.
BUT
most of what I am is because of My Mother.
I realized the importance of compassion and forgiveness from her.
The love for arts, literature, people is all from her.
I can say that maybe I don't have external beauty, maybe Im not very worthy of peoples consideration, maybe people don't want me in their lives,maybe people want to use me...
but the fact remains that I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL HEART. A HEART FULL OF LOVE. AND SO MUCH TO GIVE.....I AM PROUD OF THAT...
But really who needs that????????

No comments: