Wednesday 7 October 2009

Life is such....

Today, I was traveling in the second class compartment in the local train.
I was totally stuck, I was breathing into a person`s face...the train was disgustingly packed with human beings....
I was in a such a position that, I was looking into the persons eyes.. MY GOD!... too close for comfort.
Suddenly the person started crying... huge drops of tears...came rolling down her face.... when I inquired, the person said that she was coming back from hospital after an appendicitis operation,and that she was in pain...Jesus!
when I looked again, now, with more concentration, I found that the person was a Trans gender. In the crowded train she told me her story.
At the age of 15, she was thrown out of her home... her parents don't want her because she was different....
So she joined the Hijra community . She found that she was not happy there .. so much politics and hierarchy etc... She promised herself that she would get a Sex Change operation,and she collected the money for the operation,by working in dancing bars .
She told me that the operation was a trip to hell and back...it was the most painful thing to be endured....but even after all that, she is not happy at all..she has no boyfriend ,nobody to love her....she feels alone all the time.... She told me that everyone is interested in Money, and nobody cares about feelings.She works as a paid volunteer at a NGO...
Life is difficult....she told me she wants to commit suicide....
I didn't know what to tell her.. I just listened to her... told her to take care.....
I felt immense compassion for the person, who is born different....whom society discards...whose parents abandon her.....
I had to get down at my station. I gave her the Suicide Prevention Helpline number.She has promised to call...

I WAS THINKING,IF ,
ONE DAY, WHEN I WILL BE CRYING IN THE LOCAL TRAIN, BECAUSE I AM ALONE WILL SOME ONE SHOW ME COMPASSION?
WILL SOMEONE , ANYONE ,OFFER SOME KIND WORDS?
WILL SOMEONE GIVE ME A HELPLINE NUMBER???

No comments: